We are often asked how the different tools we carry compare to each other. In a way, tools are like automobiles: they all will get you where you want to go, but they come in different styles and models to suit varying tastes and budgets.
|Carving Tool Comparison
Two Cherries tools are made of high carbon steel, hardened in a salt bath to 61 HRc. The blades are polished to a shiny, high-gloss finish. Carving tools come sharp and ready to use. In addition to the standard sizes and sweeps of carving tools, we also carry a selection of Two Cherries micro gouges and firmer gouges. We also sell a variety of Two Cherries chisels (see Chisel Comparison below).
Dastra tools are made of high carbon steel, hardened to 61 HRc. The blades are buffed to a satin finish. Carving tools come sharp and ready to use. In addition to the standard straight gouges, we carry a selection of Dastra’s bent gouges and fishtail gouges.
The photo shows these two carving tool brands, which come in a variety of sweeps and sizes.
|Four Styles of Two Cherries Gouges:
Here is a look at the different styles and brands of chisels that we carry:
1) English Heavy Mortise Chisel (12 1/2″ length)
2) Two Cherries Bench Chisel (10 3/4″ length)
3) Buck Brothers Bench Chisel (11″ length)
4) Two Cherries Curved Paring Chisel (10″ length)
5) Left Skew Chisel (9 1/2″ length)
6) Right Skew Chisel (9 1/2″ length)
7) Two Cherries Butt Chisel (6 5/8″ length)
8) Two Cherries Palm Chisel (6″ length)